Dreamer's KlubHouse would like to welcome our visitors to our Blog Room. Today I am joining Crafty Collaborations for their Crafty Challenge Blog Hop! It is my 1st hop in many years. Almost 10!
This is a group of Stampers from around the world that join together to bring you fabulous cards and projects. I am so happy to be joining them!
Today's challenge is a sketch. I love the way sketches stretch my imagination. They make me grow as a card maker. Here is the sketch we were given for this event. It gives us a great chance for interpretation. I stayed fairly close to the original idea, which is funny to me. . . I don't follow rules very closely! Colors listed are the ones I chose, but be rebellious and use your own!
Here is my recipe: 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" , scored at 4 1/4" Calypso Coral Cardstock 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" Soft Suede Cardstock 4" x 5 1/4" True Love Designer Series Paper 5 1/4" x 4" Basic White Cardstock 2" x3" Basic White Cardstock 1"x1 1/2" Calypso Coral Cardstock
8" Faux Suede Trim Calypso Coral
Pearl Basic Jewels Bumblebee
Always In My Heart Stamp Set
Layering Ovals Dies
Take Your Pick Tool
Multipurpose Liquid Glue
Tear & Tape Adhesive
Clear Block "D"
- Tamp Bumblebee Ink onto Clear Block. Using Water Painter, paint onto inside of roses. I basically painting everything that had the shade marks. I follow with the Calypso Coral to fill in the tips of the roses. The leaves were filled in, then I went back with s dryer brush and deepened the center and the ridges. Set aside and let dry. Paint one small rosebud and fussy cut with your snips for embellishment. After drying, you may need to smooth out paper. The water will make it wrinkle as bit.
- Stamp Sentiment onto Basic White piece and Cut with Oval Die.
- Cut small tag from Calypso Coral using the Ornate Frames.
- Cut 1 1/4" piece of ribbon and set aside.
- Back the long piece of ribbon with Tear & Tape and adhere to lower piece of DSP. Adhere this piece to Soft Suede mat. Now adhere it to card base.
- Add Basic White cardstock to Inside and stamp sentiment of your choice.
- Embellish card front as shone in pictures.
And there you have it! I would say it took me about 20 minutes to paint the front, but the rest goes together in a flash! I hope you enjoyed my card and tutorial. Please leave a comment. I will have a random drawing and the winner will receive one of my cards with the tutorial!
I am Dreamin' of a successful hop....You keep Dreamin' too!
Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator
Now...rush off to see the rest of the hop!
Visit my Friends
Shopping list: I would love to be your demonstrator, if you don't already have one. Click any of the products below to be mysteriously transported to my store! My Host Code for February is 7UPU79YW