So this week's challenge is to be making a card or layout using ONLY Black and White! These colors make the most stunning, dramatic cards. You can use any products, but I love when you use Stampin' Up! I have made a card, for your inspiration. I swear that I got the idea from a Pinterest Post, but cannot find it! So thank you to some unknown stamper for the idea! Hope you enjoy!
- Cut from Basic Black CS: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" score at 4 1/4" (card Base) 3 pieces- 1 1/2" x 4"'
- Cut from Whisper White CS: 3 pieces - 1 5/8" x 4 1/16 4" x 5 1/4" for inside mat
- Set up a black strip and the fern stamp on the Stamparatus. I found this was the easiest way to guarantee my ferns were precisely in the same spot on page.
- Use an embossing buddy or a dryer sheet to remove static from card stock by lightly rubbing on.
- Stamp fern with Versamark then sprinkle with White Stampin' Emboss powder. Tap off extra and heat emboss. Repeat for all 3 panels.
- Layer black panels onto the white panels centering in both directions.
- Pop up each panel with Stampin' Dimensions and center on card base. This was the hardest part for me! A tip is to start with one of the outside panels. leave a 1/4" border top bottom and side. Do other outside panel same way and THEN do the center!
- Adhere remaining white panel to inside of card. I decorated mine with just a thin strip (1/4") of black card stock to the top and left side. Add a sentiment.
As always I have added direct links to my store, where you may purchase the products you need. When prompted, use the Hostess code HVT2JYWZ. During July when you order a minimum of $50 (before tax and shipping) Stampin' Up! will send you a $5 coupon to be used on purchases in August. DO NOT use host code if you are ordering $150 or more (before taxes & shipping). you become your own hostess and will earn Reward Points.