I am so in love with the NEW 2021-2023 In-Colors. Last week I focused on Pale Papaya, on my Simple Sunday Live and my Coffee & Cards. sorry I didn't get to the Blog again last week. So it is Saturday and I am typing this for Monday! The only way to get things done. Don't you love to be able to schedule our social media?
No need to put in the dimensions of yesterdays' card. I used a base of Basic White cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" nd scored at 41/4". The mask I used was 2" wide!
I kept my design basically the same as the original. I just stepped it up. Quite a bit, as a matter of fact! Let me tell you how.
- I masked off a 2" strip at the bottom. of a card base of Thick Basic White, (See video for a how to)
- Using Polished Pink Stampin' Pad & Blending Brush, I softly started added colors around the edges. I worked my way slowly to the middle, pulling the ink into the middle. I love the "glow" this technique made.
- With Tuxedo Black Memento I stamped the flower stem from Color & Contour 3 times on Polished Pink Cardstock. I die cut them out using Scalloped Contours dies.
- I glued these dies to the top section of the card, giving the illusion that they went under the white stripe! The center die was popped up with Mini Stampin' Dimensionals
- Also using Memento, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Basic White CS. The 2nd smallest rectangle die cut out a darling edge for the label. I used the Mini Stampin' Dimensionals to give this a little punch and to create a bit of drama to the card!
- I felt the little "dots" on the the corners absolutely called for some bling, so I added an In-Color Jewel on each one.And here it is! My finished card! See what I mean by the glow? It isn't a bright white any longer. These blender brushes may be my favorite new toy!!